When you think about your chakra system you probably aren’t considering the types of foods that you consume. Because our chakras are energy vortexes and invisible to most of us one might well imagine that chakras would thrive on energy, prayer, or other such spiritual stuff… you know, those things that we can’t see with the human eye. However, the chakras cannot sustain our human body without our help. It is important to feed and nourish the flesh in order to help support and fuel our chakras. Whenever one or more of your chakras is misaligned you might do well to look and see if you are not eating or possibly overeating the foods that fuel that particular chakra.
Chakra FoodsCheck out the foods under each of the seven primary chakras below to help you determine how your current diet might be deficient or over-indulgent. We can do our part in helping bring balance to our chakras by eating a balanced diet.
Feeding Your Root ChakraGrounding
- Root vegetables: carrots, potatoes, parsnips, radishes, beets, onions, garlic, etc.
- Protein-rich foods: eggs, meats, beans, tofu, soy products, peanut butter
- Spices: horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne, pepper
Feeding Your Sacral CenterNourishing the Sexual/Creativity Center
- Sweet fruits: melons, mangos, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges, coconut, etc.
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, etc.
- Spices: cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds, caraway seeds
Feeding Your Solar Plexus ChakraBoosting Self-Esteem and Encouraging Self-Love
- Granola and Grains: pastas, breads, cereal, rices, flax seed, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Dairy: milk, cheeses, yogurt
- Spices: ginger, mints (peppermint, spearmint, etc.), melissa, chamomile, turmeric, cumin, fennel
Feeding Your Heart ChakraHealing Emotional Hurts
- Leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, dandelion greens, etc.
- Air vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, squash, etc.
- Liquids: green teas
- Spices: basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, parsley
Feeding Your Throat ChakraSpeaking One’s Truth
- Liquids in general: water, fruit juices, herbal teas
- Tart or tangy fruits: lemons, limes, grapefruit, kiwi
- Other tree growing fruits: apples, pears, plums, peaches, apricots, etc.
- Spices: salt, lemon grass
Feeding Your Brow ChakraAwakening Third Eye Senses
- Dark bluish colored fruits: blueberries, red grapes, black berries, raspberries, etc.
- Liquids: red wines and grape juice
- Spices: lavender, poppy seed, mugwort